The Chinese New Year on January 28 marks the beginning of the Year of the Red Fire Rooster. Feng shui experts say it is going to be a Yin year—a time best spent in harmony with friends and family.
What better time, then, to create happy moments with these special people than on Chinese New Year, itself—a festive day of colorful rituals and exotic traditions that celebrate a brand-new lunar year.
With exciting events highlighting the grand occasion, expect revelers to immortalize these with endless selfies. And to take the selfie game to the next level, top five premium global brand Vivo brings us the Vivo V5 Plus, the smartphone equipped with the world’s first 20-megapixel dual front camera and advanced selfie technology.
With the perfect selfie phone, and these perfect selfie tips from Vivo, taking photos on Chinese New Year will surely be a breeze:
• Find your perfect angle. Some of us look better photographed from the left, some from the right, some from above. Before heading out to the Chinese New Year festivities, find the angle that suits you best by practicing at home. A fool-proof tip: Avoid take selfies from below—definitely not a good angle for anybody.
• Consider your photo’s background. Vivo V5 Plus features a true ‘bokeh’ effect, beautifully blurring your selfie’s background while your face remains in focus. Now, having a ‘bokeh’ effect does not mean disregarding your background altogether. In fact, it is even better to take advantage of it.
For instance, create a beautiful blur of all the red and gold during Chinese New Year celebrations by choosing the best selfie background. Although Vivo V5 Plus has ‘bokeh’ power, you don’t want to take a selfie with your cluttered closet as the background.
• Lighting is everything. Lighting affects the mood of your pictures. For example, dull or poor lighting makes pictures look gloomy—and you don’t want that for a Chinese New Year selfie. Luckily, Vivo V5 Plus features a selfie soft light, which enables users to take sharp and beautiful selfies even in poor lighting conditions.
• Look your best. Welcome the Chinese New Year with a bang by making an effort to look good. In order to achieve a perfect selfie, everything must be on point—the hair, the face, even the attire. Achieve the perfect look with Vivo V5 Plus face beauty mode 6.0, which will make you look fresh by enhancing your skin tone without the need for editing or filter.
• It’s okay to use a selfie stick. A selfie stick is a pole with a grip at the end, designed to hold your smartphone when taking selfies. Selfie sticks are perfect for celebrations when you want to capture more people and more details. Bring a selfie stick on Chinese New Year to take better selfies of all the festivities happening around you.
• Make your selfie unique. Some people prefer selfies that look formal and sophisticated, while others like a touch of goofiness every now and then. Whatever your choice is, make sure you are comfortable and having fun. Make your selfie your own, and begin the year of the Red Fire Rooster by being yourself!