SPONSORED LINKS
Tonight, premier pop icon Lionel Richie is bringing the magic of his “All The Hits – All Night Long” World Tour at the Araneta Coliseum.
Richie was first here in the late 70s with his band The Commodores and he saw firsthand how "insane" his Filipino fans could be. Back then, they had packed the Araneta Coliseum in a string of shows that sold out on the strength of one funk-heavy party album, the band's self-titled debut.


Since then, the guy has gone solo, sold 100 million records, won 5 Grammy awards and unleashed a volley of karaoke staples like “Three Times a Lady,” “Easy,” “Stuck on You”, “Lady” (featuring Kenny Rogers), “Endless Love” (a duet with Diana Ross), “Hello,” “Say You (Say Me),” “We Are the World” and “All Night Long” in a long laundry list.
Richie, who's been in the biz for 46 years, requested the local music press for an email interview in advance of his Manila show. Here are a few things he spilled.

1. He grew up surrounded by music  
"My grandmother plays the organ and my uncle is a passionate musician. I grew up in a campus community where we danced all day and all night long to Motown records. Music was just in the fiber of the community. So I was inspired by things going on all around me.”

2. His ‘aha!’ moment came while he was still with his old band The Commodores
“’Easy’ like Sunday morning (written in 1977) was the song when I had that ‘aha’ moment. I thought then I could be in the music business and make some noise.”

3. He was inspired by music legends who never went to music school
“I really didn’t know I could be a songwriter until I met Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder and found out these guys didn’t go to music school. That gave me some kind of license to break the rules a little bit.”


Read more from the source: Yahoo
SPONSORED LINKS

Post a Comment Disqus

 
Top