SPONSORED LINKS
Celine Dion -- if she has a hallmark -- it's that she sings with her heart on her sleeve. And when it comes to children, even more so.

During the taping of Wednesday's CBS special, "A Home for the Holidays"  -- surrounded by foster children from all over the country -- Celine moved even herself to tears.

Dion said, "It didn't take, I mean. I was trying not to look, but I was feeling all the children around the stage, and I didn't want to cry. When a child is hoping for a dad or a mom -- that is not acceptable."

The five-time Grammy winner has spent much of her life championing the cause of children. It started long before she was a superstar, when her niece Karine died at only 16 from cystic fibrosis.
"I could feel her organs leaving, one after the other," Dion said. "And I started to sing to her very softly. And I saw a tear coming from her eyes. And she left. We all knew that she was going to die, but the good thing is we were all together."

Read it more at, cbsnews
SPONSORED LINKS
 
Top