Now on its second year, Globe Arakan XC2 aims to engage bikers and environmental advocates to join and raise funds to support Philippine Eagle Foundation’s (PEF) Forest Corridor Development Program.
This is a timed event designed for beginners and experienced bikers to raise their awareness on indigenous communities, the environment, and the need to protect the Mahuson, Sinaka, and Kabalantiian-Binoongan-Kul
1. Globe Arakan XC2 is open to male and female bikers with an average level of fitness and mountain bike competence. Only 200 slots will be opened for bikers. Registration will run from September 7 until October 6, 2013.
a. Click here to register online: http://
i. For the following fields please put the following information:
1. SKILLS: Select Fundraising
2. TIME AVAILABILITY: OCTOBER 13, 2013
3. PREVIOUS VOLUNTEERING EXPERIENCE: GLOBEARAKANXC2
ii. You will receive an email from Globe BridgeCom that will serve as your registration receipt with the waiver and medical form. Please note that this DOES NOT CONFIRM your slot for the event.
b. To confirm your participation, please reply to the email with a scanned copy of your donation deposit slip (which serves as your registration fee) and signed waiver and medical form. For GCASH donations, please forward your GCash confirmation text to 0905-4050100.
2. Bikers may also visit the SPORTS DEPOT at Victoria Plaza, Davao to fill out registration forms. No payments will be accepted at the shop. All donations should be deposited to Philippine Eagle Foundation’s bank account.
a. Bikers may send their donations via bank deposit or through GCASH:
Account Name: Philippine Eagle Conservation Program Foundation, Inc. BPI Account
Account Number: 9441-0113-31
Branch: Quirino Branch, Davao City
If using a smartphone, access the GCASH mobile app.
Log in using your MPIN, send INITIATE message (will automatically appear on your message screen), select OTHERS, then DONATE, enter P1,000, and choose PHILIPPINE EAGLE FOUNDATION from the institution menu.
Forward the confirmation message with your name and contact details to
0905-4050100 to confirm your registration.
Dial*143, select GCASH option/OTHERS and then DONATE in the menu.
Key in P1,000 and enter your 4-digit MPIN.
Select MORE, choose PEF (Philippine Eagle Foundation)
b. Email the scanned copy of your deposit slip to email@example.com with your name or forward GCash confirmation text to 0905-4050100.
c. Wait for the email from Globe Telecom confirming your registration.
d. The P1,200 donation includes your contribution to the Forest Corridor Development program, the biker’s kit inclusive of event jersey, race bib, race bike number, food, and drinks. Globe subscribers who will register with their Globe numbers will get a special rate of P1,000.00.