NEW INNOVATION ENGINEERED TO HELP MAKE PLAYERS QUICKER ON THE COURT
adidas unveiled the Crazyquick, a new innovation and its first basketball shoe designed specifically to help make players quicker on the court. Crazyquick technology gives athletes greater controlled flexibility, better traction and optimal foot lock-down to execute moves that improve performance.
Crazyquick goes on sale May 27, 2013 for Php 7995, and will be worn on-court by John Wall of the Washington Wizards, Damian Lillard of the Portland Trail Blazers, NCAA teams and top high school players at the McDonald’s All-American Games.
“Quick is what separates me from other players in the league,” said Washington Wizards point guard John Wall. “Being quicker than my opponent has helped me win at all levels of basketball, and wearing a shoe designed to make me even quicker will be a huge advantage on the court.
Crazyquick technology features four unique quick zones in the outsole that work with the upper to provide maximum traction and flexibility for quick movements on court. The flexibility and direction of herringbone traction and 17 unique, diverging and independent pods play a specific role in allowing players to be quicker:
- Toe zone delivers quicker push-off through engineered gradual flex material and forward and backward traction orientation
- Forefoot zone ensures quick cuts and aggressive lateral movements through independent suspension allowed by increased flexibility of outsole, lateral traction orientation and stretch and return of TECHFIT upper
- Midfoot zone provides enhanced support through an increased surface area and lateral traction to provide stability while allowing the foot to flex
Heel zone allows for quick multi-directional stopping through engineered flexibility and forward and backward traction
adidas dedicated design and engineering precision to each facet of the shoe – from the heel to the toe – to deliver new technology that helps make players quicker. In addition to the unique four quick zones, Crazyquick features the following performance elements:
- First-ever TECHFIT upper, built specifically for basketball movements, enhances stability while providing stretch and return for comfort and performance
- 3D molded collar to provide contoured fit and comfort
- New heel notch design for greater range of motion during quick movements
- Enlarged, re-engineered SPRINTFRAME moderates movement and provides optimum support
- Lightweight 11.25 ounces, one of the lightest mid-cut basketball shoes in the game
- "From making explosive cuts into the lane, grabbing a loose ball or being a lock-down defender, quick is the key to elevating to the next level,” said Crazyquick designer Robbie Fuller, adidas advanced footwear category designer. “We designed the Crazyquick with all basketball players in mind. Every player needs to be quick on the court and this shoe helps deliver that benefit"
- Crazyquick endured extensive research and testing by the adidas Innovation Team (aIT), who examined more than 1,000 discrete basketball movements and tested the shoe’s performance with elite athletes to develop the technology. Most notably, the shoes were comprehensively tested and received extremely positive feedback from NBA players and NCAA teams including Louisville, Wisconsin, UCLA, Cincinnati and Baylor.