SPONSORED LINKS
The first time I heard about the invite, I thought it was Echos, like "echoserang frog". A famous gay lingo which I often hear from gays and preference hiding people.

Dingdong Rosales, a great stage actor invited me to witness the naked scenes of this play which makes me think of going or not, I was hesitant because I am a wholesome person. But the curiosity to know what EQUUS means and all about made me watch this. Another reason is when I first met Pheona Baranda as Jill in the play, I find her gorgeous, I also saw her on the teaser photos. Dingdong confirmed that she will be wholly naked in the play. So the more I find it more exciting. But above all I'm really after the storyline.


Here are the details of the award winning play EQUUS;

For its midyear offering, Repertory Philippines comes up with
another "first": Peter Shaffer's EQUUS. Multii-awarded - Tony
Award for Best Play, New York Drama Critics' Circle Award for
Best Play, this riveting piece of theatre is at once relevant and
mesmerizing in its storyline and theme. Psychiatrist Martin
Dysart meets his most challenging case in a young boy of
seventeen who has been charged with the crime of blinding
six horses by gouging out their eyes. As the play unravels,
one realizes that beneath the surface of the crime lies another
dimension of the human psyche more terrifying than what it
seems to be.

This is not the first time Repertory presents Equus; this is
actually a comeback, as it was initially presented in the '70s
with Leo Martinez. Today, it returns with a powerhouse cast:
Miguel Faustmann, Jaime del Mundo, Dido dela Paz, Roselyn
Perez, Tami Monsod - to name a few. Red Concepcion and
newcomer Marco Manalac alternate as the young man Alan.
At the helm as director is multi-awarded actor Audie Gemora.
EQUUS opens on July 9th at 8PM, and thereafter on the 10th,
16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th also at 8PM. Matinees at 3:30PM
are on July 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25. Venue is Onstage, 2nd
floor, at Greenbelt 1, Paseo de Roxas, Makati City. For ticket
inquiries, please call 887-0710 or log on to repertory.ph.

Here are some teaser photos via Dingdong.
SPONSORED LINKS

Post a Comment Disqus

 
Top